Home

Timing chain tensioner

eBay Money Back Guarantee · Fill Your Cart With Color · Under $1

Honda K20A3 / K24A1/A4/A8 K-Series Timing Chain Tensioner. $120.95. Vehicle Specific. K-Tuned K Series Billet Tensioner Cover. $40.49. Vehicle Specific. Skunk2 K Series Chain Tensioner. $162.99 $154.99. Vehicle Specific Failing of a timing chain tensioner can occur slowly and if you do not catch it in time the slapping chain and lead to a number of engine related problems -. The timing chain tensioner is a part that requires a lot of work to change. That's caused by the necessary time to reach the tensioner and to synchronize the chain, which is in the engine, not as a belt that is external. Sometimes, to prevent maintenance, your mechanic can change the chain, as if the tensioner was bad, the chain may have some. Timing Chain+Tensioner For Honda S2000 2.0L & 2.2L F20C1 F20C2 2000-2009 Genuine OEM S2000 AP1 AP2 F20C F22C Timing Chain Tensioner 14510-PCX-005 Mplus Engine Timing Chain Guide Tensioner Kit Replace for 2000-2003 for Honda S2000 2.0L / 2004-2009 for Honda S2000 2.2L L4 DOHC 16V F20C1 F22C1 V-TE

C250 Camshafts - YouTube

Great Offers - Great Offers On eBa

The timing chain connects the camshaft to the crankshaft and keeps them rotating in sync. Older vehicles will have one chain, but newer models may have multiple cams and chains. Since the timing chain is a metal link design, it is dependent on oil. If the oil pressure drops, it can affect the chain tensioners from operating smoothly to tension. If so, your timing chain tensioner may be failing. It's a common problem in these Volkswagens, and it's something that's best addressed sooner than later. The timing chain is a part of the engine that ensures that the valves and pistons operate in sync. It's widely believed that the timing chain installed in 2008-2013 VWs is defective.

Superbolt Bolt Tensioner - Bolting Made Simpl

1. g Chain and ti
  2. g becomes more retarded. A worn ti
  3. g Chain Tensioner Holder Holding Tool 3366 Fit for Audi A4 A6 TT VW Passat Golf Chain Adjuster Bracket 1.8T 2.7 2.7T 2.8 3.2 4.2 2 Pcs 4.0 out of 5 stars 91 $14.99 $ 14 . 9

16.) *Reset the Timing Chain Tensioner* by removing its snap ring, turning its ratchet cylinder into the piston, then reinstalling the snap ring? (Manual shows two tools used with a vise: one is a receptacle, held by the vise, to hold the piston assembly after removal from the Tensioner; the other is just a cylindrical tool that easily turns. What does a timing chain tensioner do? A timing chain connects the engine crankshaft to the camshaft(s), so they rotate in a strict relation with one another. It matches the timing between the pistons and valves, so the engine operates in harmony. Symptoms of timing chain tensioner failure. Failing of the tensioner can occur slowly

Timing Chain Tensioner - Find the Right Part at the Right

Location : Passenger Side Upper Condition : New Warranty : 1-year Replacement unlimited-mileage warranty. See All Products Details. Replacement. Timing Chain Tensioner - Direct Fit, Sold individually. Part Number: RF31940002. 11 Reviews. Vehicle Info Required to Guarantee Fit. $11.49. +$0.00 Cloyes Gear 9-5452 - Cloyes Replacement Timing Chain Tensioners. Tensioner, Timing Chain, GMC, 4.3L, Each. Part Number: CLO-9-5452. ( 1 ) Estimated Ship Date: 7/26/2021 (if ordered today) Drop Ship The timing chain is comprised of a series of links in the chain - similar to those found on a bicycle chain. The links move on the toothed sprockets which are located on the ends of the crankshaft and camshaft and are responsible for opening and closing valves in the cylinder head and moving pistons and connecting rods in the combustion chamber BMW Aluminum Washer - Timing Chain Tensioner (22 X 27 X 1.5 mm) E53 E60 E60N E63 X5 4.4i X5 4.8is 545i 550i M5 550i 645Ci 650i M6 650i 645Ci 650i M6 650i 745i 750i 760i ALPINA B7 745Li 750Li 760Li X5 4.8i M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 740LdX 535d 535dX X5 35dX X3 28dX 328d 328dX 328dX Phantom Phantom EWB Phantom Phantom EWB Drophead Drophead Cou

A Honda Timing Chain Tensioner needs to be kept in good working condition in your vehicle. The online catalog we provide will get you through the ordering process safely and securely. All genuine Honda Timing Chain Tensioners from us are shipped directly from authorized Honda Dealer. If you want search for Honda Timing Chain Tensioner fast and. The timing chain tensioner equipped on your Dodge Ram maintains your engine timing by applying hydraulic or spring tension to your timing chain. This reduces the chance of the timing chain slipping on the timing gears and keeps your crankshaft and camshaft(s) synchronized. If your tensioner is failing, it may cause your Ram to jump timing or. Buy OEM 1998 Chevrolet Part # 12609259. Engine Timing Chain Tensioner. Engine Timing Chain Tensioner. TENSIONER ASSEMBLY - Timing CHAIN. Idler to Cam. Acadia Limited; Secondary. THIS DOES NOT FIT YOUR 1998 Chevrolet 1998 Chevrolet: Engine Products. Start Over All Engine Products Search Engine Timing Chain Tensioner

A common issue among the Audi brand is the failure of the upper timing chain tensioner, learn how to fix it yourself. By Jeffrey Smith - April 26, 2016 This article applies to the Audi A6 C6 (2005-2011). If you are hearing a loud clicking noise from the upper rear portion of your engine and it is driving you nuts, it is most likely the upper. Manual Cam Timing Chain Tensioner Fits for Honda Trx 400ex Trx 400x,for Yamaha Grizzly 550 600 660 700,for Suzuki drz250 400 400e Red. $19.99 Bapmic 11314609483 Timing Chain Tensioner for Mini Cooper Countryman Paceman R55 R56 R57 R58. 4.1 out of 5 stars. 13. $28.57. $28. . 57. FREE Shipping. Only 9 left in stock - order soon

The timing chains and related tensioners should be good through 300k or so. Timing chain tensioners would not be a quick-n-easy job. Presumably, the timing chain cover would have to come off the front end of the engine... which means the entire cooling system, oil filter housing, power steering, crankshaft pulley, etc 2010 Corolla timing chain tensioner gasket. There is a possibility that you could cause the timing chain to jump timing. Not recommended for everyone. Normal..

A timing chain tensioner maintains appropriate tension in the timing chain system. Depending on the OE design, tensioners can use spring tension and/or hydraulic pressure to properly tension the system. Cloyes utilizes the latest in design and material technology, ensuring a quiet and maintenance-free experience Order Ford Explorer Timing Chain Tensioner online today. Free Same Day Store Pickup. Check out free battery charging and engine diagnostic testing while you are in store Timing chain tensioner. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts. Wildcat · Registered. Joined Sep 27, 2016 · 2,276 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · May 4, 2019. With the warm season nearly upon us and my parts list to keep up four Hondas growing by the day, I'm making a list of preventive maintenance items I want to replace in the next two.

Fixing Timing Chain Tensioner Failure. Unfortunately, problems with the timing chain tensioner cannot be fixed simply by washing. Usually, the issue is more complex than a simple clog or bump in the chain, so the recommended solution is to have it replaced. Since the timing chain tensioner works in conjunction with the timing chain, it is very. The Dirt Tricks Timing Chain Tensioner uses oil pressure combined with a mechanical ratchet system to prevent collapse and avoid issues caused by a slack timing chain on the new 4-stroke motors. The replacement unit will work on all newer four-strokes in 250, 400, 450, 505, 530 models using the RC4, XC4, or RF4 motor (not for the RFS motors)

Timing Chain Tensioner - repairpal

timing chain tensioner Part #: 6L266 No image available Select a Vehicle to view additional diagrams and ensure you are ordering the right part for your vehicle Select a Vehicle Search Parts. Search Parts. Search Parts Search within: Other Engine Parts. Search. Select Vehicle. Find a Dealer. Now remove the timing chain cover and we are ready to begin replacing the chain and adding the tensioner. There are also 2 bolts you need to remove from the front of the oil pan. Be sure to remove these bolts. pull the top out first because you need to lift up the cover to get the bottom out. Remove all the spark plugs from the motor (ALL OF THEM Timing chain tensioners and tensioner levers - Renew - LR4 (L319) 12.65.89.34 7.8 7 LR051013 Timing chain tensioners and tensioner levers - Renew - Range Rover Sport (L320; 5.0L N When the Timing Chain Tensioner Failure does occur in a running vehicle the valve-train & rotating assembly can spin freely of each other. Due to the 2.0T being an interference engine this can cause catastrophic failure of the complete engine, or at a minimum destruction of the vehicle's cylinder head assembly, or un-repairable damage to the. The AERA Technical Committee offers the following information on timing chain tensioner caution on 1998-00 Chrysler 2.7L VIN R engines. When removal of the primary and/or secondary chain tensioners is necessary, it is very important to follow the steps listed in the service manual. If the timing chain tensioners are no

Remove tensioner cover plate (10mm socket). Carefully turn crankshaft pulley (19mm socket) counterclockwise just enough to take tension off the timing chain to allow the alignment link to accept the installation pin. Place pin in hole. Turn crankshaft pulley clockwise just enough to put tension on pin Timing chain tensioner, left upper - Part Number: 18266-01183647 (Partsgeek.com) $219.17 2. Timing chain tensioner, right upper - Part Number: 18264-01183648 (Partsgeek.com) $191.99 3. RTV Silicone. Tools Needed. 1. T40058 - Crankshaft Turning Socket - ebay $19 2. T40070 - Camshaft Locking Tools - ebay - Audi timing tool set $158. Step 15: Turn Crankshaft and Check Chain Tension. Tools Needed: 19 mm socket and ratchet. In order to release the tensioner plunger and get tension on the timing chain, you need to turn the crankshaft. I had read a couple of different things--turning clockwise or first turning counterclockwise then clockwise Timing Chain Tensioner by Febi. Vehicle Fitment: Mercedes-Benz: 300SD 1992-93 | 300SE 1991-93 | 400SE 1992-92 | S320 1994-99 | S420 1994-99 | S500 1994-99 | S600 1994-99. eEuroparts.com® carries an extensive catalog of aftermarket, OEM, original, and genuine parts from over 200 manufacturers. We are also constantly updating our Febi parts. The timing chain tensioner is located on the passenger side of the engine. The airbox, serpentine belt and upper idler pulley were removed to get good access with the tools on hand, and to see better. Removing the tensioner with all other parts in place is possible, but more difficult. Fig. 1 - Timing Chain Tensioner Location

Genuine Audi Part # 079109507AP (079-109-507-AP, 079109507T) - Engine Timing Chain Tensioner. Auxiliary Chain Then, a timing chain tensioner does as you may think — keeps the chain under the correct tension. Generally a spring loaded mechanism operates the tensioner. And to keep the engine timing chain from vibrating, rails, and chain guides help keep it quiet. How a Mercedes timing chain works relates to the performance level of the motor The timing chain tensioner is located on the front right side of the engine block. It is a tight space to work in but if you feel comfortable it is possible to replace without removing a lot of other parts MINI Cooper Chain Tensioner ONLY. Part #11-31-7-607-551 or #11-31-4-609-482 are interchangeable. We highly recommend installing the . This is the newest and up to date tensioner. This tensioner will will work on all the Gen 2 cars with an N12 or N16 Cooper engine, or the N14 & N18 Cooper S engine. This tensioner is 8mm, which is longer than the. Definitely don't use the tensioner with double roller timing chains that have figure 8 shaped links. The figure 8 shaped links act like saw teeth and cut right through the tensioner filling the oil pump pick up screen full of debris, starving the engine of oil. The timing chain you have is worn and should be replaced

Timing chain tensioner upgrade. There is an improved tensioner, and that should help. But the guiderails have also been redesigned (at least in terms of materials), and the old chain itself may have stretched. So I have heard that it is best to replace everything (chain, guides, and tensioner). But obviously that is a much bigger job Replacing a timing chain & tensioner is not that difficult, but there's a lot of work to do - that's why it's expensive to do at a garage (at approximately $100 per hour, it doesn't take long to get expensive). Most of the work is to remove all the stuff that's in front of the timing chain cover - in some cases, you need to remove the radiator.

Timing Chain Tensioner - 2003 Ford Explorer O'Reilly

The chain tensioner works from day one - by damping down chain snatch it reduces wear and noise as well as providing steadier ignition timing. Very early A series engines had a rubber ring in between the two rows of teeth on the crank sprocket to provide tensioning but once the rubber hardened the tensioning stopped Condition : New Warranty : 1-year Replacement unlimited-mileage warranty Product Fit : Direct Fit. See All Products Details. Replacement. Timing Chain Tensioner - Direct Fit, Sold individually. Part Number: RF31940003. 0 Reviews. Vehicle Info Required to Guarantee Fit. $29.99. +$0.00 Timing Chain Tensioner Operation. I believe that knowing exactly how the V-12 Jaguar timing chain tensioner works is vital to properly retracting and locking this tensioner. Below is a photograph of a tensioner sent to me my John Testrake. Although it is in working order, my advice is always to replace this part whenever you have access to it Cam Timing Chain Tensioner: 1.8T, Jetta, Golf, New Beetle, Passat 01-05. VW 1.8T timing chain tensioner. The timing chain tensioner keeps tension on the cam timing chain in the cylinder head. If the timing chain jumps and shifts the cam timing, catastrophic damage will happen to your engine. WV Code: 058109088k 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 - Steel timing chain tensioners - Ho makes the steel timing chain tensioners, I have been looking for them but cannot find! Any help would be much appreciated

Timing Tensioners K Series Part

1. g sets to qualify CD, chain deflection is eli
  2. g Chain Tensioner Gasket (W0133-1918834-OES) by Genuine®. If your engine parts is in need of repair, don't compromise the performance and safety of your car with suspect, off-brand replacement parts from the local auto parts..
  3. g Chain Tensioner can include a noise that appears after the engine is warm and that vacillates according to the speed in the motor. Partsgeek offers replacements for the Corolla, Camry, Matrix, RAV4, Celica, Tacoma plus more
  4. g belt tensioner is used to do just that - keep tension on the ti
  5. g chain is located inside the engine which requires several steps to get to the ti
  6. g Chain Tensioner for your vehicle, ready for shipping or in-store pick up. The best part is, our Acura TSX Ti

Sure enough, the timing chains, tensioners, blade, guide, several seals and gaskets were replaced. $840 for parts, $1,300 for labor. Warranty paid for it all! Had I not had the noise looked at, the chain would have broken and the engine would have had to have an over haul The timing chain in an engine performs a very important function: it links the crankshaft and camshaft. Nylon gears and timing belts perform the same function on some makes and models. The intake and exhaust valves open and close in respect to the rotation of the crankshaft, which controls the strokes of the piston. Over time Porsche timing chain tensioners may weaken, causing a rattle for about 5 seconds at startup. One of the most common issues that cause Porsche engine noise for about 5 to 10 seconds on startup is a weak timing chain tensioner that is not maintaining hydraulic pressure when the engine is turned off and parked for an extended time

How to Diagnose and Prevent Timing Chain Tensioner Failure

The Dirt Tricks Timing Chain Tensioner resolves issues with a slack timing chain on the new 4-stroke motors. The 2008 and newer four-strokes use a timing chain tensioning device intended to develop its force using the engine oil pressure hydraulically. The OEM components have serious flaws, which can leave the timing chain in a slack condition It has a rattle coming from the L/H side of engine. It comes in at around 3,500 to 4000 rpms stationary and also on hard acceleration- under load.100000 miles on the vehicle. I've removed the three timing chain tensioners. 1 out of the three feels very soft. This is the IMS chain tensioner Mar 28, · 98 ford explorer opened the left valve cover on sohc found part of a tensioner broken and on top cansee one tensioner on top of the chain it 5/5. Find great deals on eBay for ford sohc timing schematron.org Prices on eBay · Fill Your Cart With Color · Exclusive Daily Deals · Returns Made EasyTypes: Fashion, Home & Garden. All Other Engine Timing Chain Tensioner. Engine Timing Chain Tensioner. Engine Timing Chain Tensioner. Complementary Norton Shopping Guarantee included for your protection. Highest Quality Parts Fast Shipping 60-Day Return Policy No Restocking Fees Limited Lifetime Warrant The case of the timing chain tensioner is a great example of how severe a failure can be. This goes beyond the scope of unnecessary burden or inconvenience. This a dangerous failure as when it.

Timing Chain Tensioner. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 9 of 9 Posts. R. rava444 · Registered. Joined Apr 27, 2017 · 5 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Apr 27, 2017. Hi, I am having the hardest time finding the actual chain tensioner.. VW and Audi 2.0T TSI Engines had some issues relating to the lower timing chain tensioner. This includes both CCTA, CBFA, CAEB and CPMA engines from 2008-2015. On this model these was an early version of this tensioner that may fail losing its hydraulic tension. When the 2.0T TSI Timing Chain Tensioner Fails it can cause th Timing chain tensioners will improve the operation of chain drives by keeping the tension constant. Because the tensioners are effective in. These units are easy to install & maintenance-free. The spring-loaded units, available in rotational & movement types, will automatically keep the tension constant, eliminating. 2x Timing Chain (122 links) 1x Left Tensioner 1x Right Tensioner 1x Left Tensioner Arm 1x Right Tensioner Arm 1x Left Guide Rail 1x Right Guide Rail. 100% Brand New and high quality; Can be used in many occasions; Stylish and beautiful; It is easy to use and it is a good choice; It is safe and practica The redesigned Ford primary timing chain service kit includes an improved chain tensioner and chain guide, chain, jackshaft and sprockets. Kit number 2U3Z-6D256-AA is for balance shaft engines in 1999 to 2001 4×4 Explorer/Mountaineer, 2001 to 2002 4×4 Sport/Sport Trac and all 2002 Explorer/Mountaineer (except engine codes 2G-960-AA and 2G-964.

How to Tell if a Timing Belt Tensioner Is Bad: 6 Step

1. g chain components and do a visual inspection on all the ti
  2. g chain issue. Posted on August 7, 2016 by bmwtechnician. ok I'm getting a lot of questions about the N20 ti
  3. g chain service. This is a very complicated and detailed service and we are dedicated for 100% customer satisfaction and getting the job done right the first time
  4. g Chain Tensioner Gasket. Part Number: 135520V010. Supersession (s) : 13552-0V010; 1355236010. Fits Camry (2009 - 2017) Ti
  5. g chain line up the way they are supposed to, you won't have to worry about your camshafts being misaligned. Figure 14. Make sure your chain is.
  6. g chain has a guide rail (curved on the upper chain, straight on the lower chain) and tensioner rail to keep them tight. The lower tensioner rail is a one-piece, spring-driven unit, while the upper tensioner is a two-piece design consisting of a tensioner rail and a separate tensioner bolt

Get the Best Priced Timing Chain Tensioner. Check Our Low-Cost Timing Chain Tensioner Options Today Timing Chain & Tensioner. Nash Metropolitan timing chain, tensioner, & gaskets. These all fit the 1200B & 1500 motor. We also have the upgraded timing chain cover that takes a rubber seal, so upgrade your cover to fix those pesky hard to fix leaks! Don't forget about our timing chain cover rebuild kits & RTV gasket maker also The Dirt Tricks timing chain/cam chain tensioner resolves issues caused by a slack/loose timing chain on KTM, Husaberg & Husqvarna 4 strokes. It uses oil pressure combined with a mechanical ratcheting system that prevents chain collapse and engine damage. If you have a ticking noise at idle, the Dirt Tricks timing chain tensioner will fix it

Amazon.com: s2000 timing chain tensione

Timing Chain O'Reilly Auto Part

Is Your VW Timing Chain Tensioner Failing? VW Parts Vorte

These include two timing chain tensioners F5RZ-6L266-CA, the left hand tensioner adapter F5RZ-6C275-BA, the right hand tensioner adapter F5RZ-6C275-AA, the left hand chain tensioner arm F6RZ-6L253-AA and the right hand chain tensioner arm F6RZ-6L253-BA. The two DOHC timing chains and guide assemblies should also be replaced at the same time If the chain tensioner is based on oil pressure, and if the tensioner mechanism has internal wear that leaks down the oil pressure it had built up, then I'm assuming anytime the oil warms up enough to be thinner and less viscous, then given a chance to drain out of the tensioner you'll hear the timing chain slap the cover a couple of.

Omix-ADA This timing chain tensioner from Omix-ADA fits the 5.7L engine with variable valve timing found in 0. $82.99. Estimated to ship direct from manufacturer in 24hrs. Lowest Price Guarantee. This timing chain tensioner from Omix-ADA fits the 5.7L engine with variable valve timing found in 09-10 Jeep Commanders and 09-16 Grand Cherokees The timing chain tensioner mostly relies on oil pressure so it will reach proper tension quickly. Prolonged rattles from the front of the engine may indicate a problem somewhere else. This is a Genuine BMW S52/S54 chain tensioner with a two year warranty. Buying a Genuine part will usually be more expensive than an OEM or aftermarket brand but.

cause the chain to skip. If the timing chains skip enough the pistons will come in contact with the valves and bend the valves. Even though the XJ8 was driven 80 miles after the tensioner broke it had no valve damage. It was just luck that the chain didn't skip enough to cause valve damage. This procedure isn't for the weak o Timing chain tensioner : Repair procedures. Removal: 1. Remove the cylinder head cover. (Refer to Cylinder Head Assembly - Cylinder Head Cover) 2. Turn the crankshaft pulley and align its groove with the timing mark of the timing chain cover to set the piston of No.1 cylinder to the top dead center on compression stroke. 3 The timing chain problem was caused by insufficent lubrication of the timing chains. GM redesigned the oil filter to increase flow by decreasing the amount of filter material inside the filter. The new Delco filter is PF62e. 18 people found this helpful 230 SLK Timing Chain Tensioner/ Chain Noise. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 11 of 11 Posts. B. bobinyelm · Registered. 2002 C320 Estate Wagon, 2003 230SLK, 2005 Sprinter Van, a few Brand-X BMWs and other stray dogs.. We offer a full selection of genuine Kia Soul Timing Chain Tensioners, engineered specifically to restore factory performance. Please narrow the Engine Timing Chain Tensioner results by selecting the vehicle. 13 Timing Chain Tensioners found. View related parts

Terms of Settlement: Mini Cooper Timing Chain Tensioner Class Action Lawsuit A settlement was reached in late November 2015 between the attorneys representing Mini Cooper consumers and BMW. The lawsuit alleged that the company installed defective timing chain tensioners in Mini Cooper Hardtop and Clubman models Save time and dollars on your next chain tensioners purchase. Over 12 Years of saving people money and providing great customer service. Check our low-cost options today. The average cost for timing chain tensioner replacement is between $15.98 and $102.43. (Read Our Reviews) Cadillac Timing Chain Tensioner Reviews A timing chain tensioner on the verge of collapse causes rough idling and inefficient engine performance. You need to replace the tensioner, but also be advised the tensioner guide has to go. Any new timing chain tensioner you obtain won't work with the original equipment guide. The valves controlled by the timing chain tensioner must maintain.

Bmw 318Ci N42 n46 timing chain replacement | Power

Timing chains are the conductor of your engine. Through a series of guides and tensioners, the chain links the crankshaft to the camshaft and is responsible for keeping the valves of the cylinder head in sync with the pistons of the combustion chamber I installed a new timing chain on a 5.4 Ford engine, replaced the plastic tensioner, and the chain tensioner. Engine ran with no noise first few days. Now it sounds like the right tension is loose and making a noise. What is the correct porcedure for making the chain tensioner work correctly

1999-2001 Oldsmobile Alero 2.4L Timing Chain Tensioner & Shoe Retainer 532174 NA 1996-2001 Pontiac Grand Am 2.4L Timing Chain Tensioner & Shoe Retainer 532174 NA 1996-2002 Pontiac Sunfire 2.4L Timing Chain Tensioner & Shoe Retainer 532174 NA 1988-1995 Buick Skylark 2.3L Timing Chain Tensioner Retainer 532195 J-3658 4.Install timing chains and associated parts. •Align the mating mark on each sprocket and the timing chain for installation. CAUTION: Before installing chain tensioner, it is possible to change the position of mating mark on timing chain and each sprocket, after the mating marks are aligned, keep them aligned by holding them by hand We offer a full selection of genuine Kia Rio Timing Chain Tensioners, engineered specifically to restore factory performance. Please narrow the Engine Timing Chain Tensioner results by selecting the vehicle. 11 Timing Chain Tensioners found. View related parts. 2000-2005 Kia Rio TENSIONER-TBELT A typical timing belt Don't Overlook the Tensioner. The timing tensioner can also go bad. The tensioners job is to keep the right amount of pressure on your Chevy Colorado's timing belt or chain. As the belt/chain stretches through normal operation, it would get loose and fall off or jump Timing Chain Tensioner: Related Parts. Related Parts. Engine Repair Manual. Intentionally blank: Intentionally blank: Related Parts. VOLKSWAGEN > 2014 > JETTA > 1.8L L4 Turbocharged > Engine > Timing Chain Tensioner. Price: No parts for vehicles in selected markets. VOLKSWAGEN . Arm.

How-to: Change Timing Chain - PBR - Second Generationprimary timing chain alignment question - MY350Z